Monday, February 22, 2016

NOTE: 1 NEW PICTURE! CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM.

Sorry I didn't write recently everyone, but that was the last Monday practice for our musical missionary fireside. We spent 3+ hours practicing that day, and our week was so packed with appointments that we didn't have time to make up our lost pday time. Hence, no letters written and no time for any R&R. But it's all over now! The fireside happened yesterday and it was a phenomenal success. I played in 4 of the 10 or so songs that we preformed, one of them they gave me to do the Thursday before.

The last song of the night was "I Believe in Christ" as performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was a powerful performance, not only in terms of strength, but in spirit. It makes me want to stand with them and sing, "I Believe in Christ!"

One of the coolest things of the meeting was what happened in regard to the Baptist church that came to the fireside. They had 2 choirs sing last night but the neat part is that all the people that were sitting on the stand were the two stake presidencies who were participating, President and Sister Sweeney, and the Baptist pastor. I thought it was real wonderful that he was invited to sit on the stand with us.

Elder Sands