Monday, May 9, 2016

NOTE: 4 NEW PICTURES! CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM.

So, sorry I haven't written anybody in a while, Things have been really busy here!

I'm staying in the Papago Ward for another transfer but by all indications, I will be returning to ASL next transfer (I’ve been away from ASL longer than any other missionary has in the past). I love the Papago Ward and its wonderful members. This will be my 3rd transfer in the Papago Ward and my 7th transfer in this zone, the Maricopa Zone. Quite a long time to be in one area.

One funny fact: (almost) every morning we go to this high school track to work out. When I first got to this area, school had started that week. By the time I leave this area, school will have been out for at least 3 weeks. That's a long time to be in the same place on a mission!

We've been working with a lot of people, trying to get them to the temple, either for their first time or going back after a long absence, as well as teaching people to be prepared to get baptized, but so far very few are moving quickly towards their goals. Life gets busy and the gospel falls in priority and eventually never gets the attention it needs to grant them eternal life. I hope none of you are cutting yourselves off from such amazing spiritual blessings by letting the gospel fall by the wayside under the onslaught of the distractions of life. The gospel is the most important thing in the world.

(I think it was) Richard G. Scott who said that you should not yield to Satan's lie, which is that you do not have time to read the Book of Mormon. Read it! It's wonderful! It changes lives!

Have a great week!

Elder Sands