Thursday, March 26, 2009

You're probably wondering why I'm emailing and I'll be able to give you a bit more detailed letter because on Tuesday I was really pressed for time.

Well we do have email access here at the MTC through this email address which I'm sure you've figured out by now. Now before you think I'm breaking any rules by emailing today, I can assure you, I'm not! Tuesday is my P-day, but because of an MTC fireside that our zone sets up for, and because of Choir, we lose like 2-3 hours of preparation time. So they give it to us on Thursday morning. So we get the unique opportunity to email twice a week while I'm in the MTC (which by the way, I'll be here till I go to my mission which is nine weeks, May 18th I think).

So now to your questions; the Temple down here was really, well I don't really know how to describe it, amazing in terms of the building so beautiful and of course a little different from Spokane but none the less amazing and Salt Lake was very cool too from the top of the Church office building. It was a really amazing view, let me tell you. You could see a ton from up there and we got pictures as I'm sure Karyl told you.

The shot, well yeah, the shot wasn't so amazing (hahaha from temple to shots what a transition) actually I did kind of have a reaction then again I think everyone might have it. My arm was killing me for a couple of days I wasn't really able to use it and it's a good thing I had them stick my left arm. Yes Mom (said with exasperation and rolled eyes) I took my vitamins. OK to dad I think that you are probably trying to do all you can to prevent me from getting mail from everyone but you know you should start handing out my address and tell everyone about dearelder.com I'm feeling kind of lonely down here. So far I've only gotten stuff from you, Mom and Karyl. So please, you can let people know I'm still alive.

My companion is a bit of a pain. He is always good in class but as soon as we leave, he's all about "chilling". So annoying. I basically wasted my P-day. We had like 3 hours that I could have studied, but I wasn't able to do that because none of the missionaries in the district wanted to study, and the example of our District leader (my companion) isn't helping. But he did get a talking too yesterday by Hermono Crane. Oops sorry, Brother Crane, who is very by-the-book. So that's good. Hopefully there will be a change so I can start to understand this language.

Sorry I didn't write you a spiritual experience I ran out of time. So here you go. Obedience is the thing that is really being stressed here. So you know, no staying up past 10:30 to study, that kind of stuff. Be to meetings on time so on. Well the first day I was in bed a little bit late and I literally felt the presence of the spirit leave a little bit. So I can tell you that staying obedient to every rule, and even though I might not get the extra study time, I'll have the spirit in force which is what I would rather have.

Love Elder Sands