Thursday, May 14, 2009

I don't have the flight numbers with me right now, but I'll try to send them today. I have all day to send them I just need to keep track of the time I have left. As for emailing me out in the field, you'll need to email me through the myldsmail.net because that is the one that they want us using as it is "church approved".

Also, I'll be allowed to call you in the airport especially because of Mothers Day. I'll call Karyl first at about 5 or 5:30. I'll talk with her for a while and then call you at around 5:30 to 6 because I want to be handing out stuff while I'm in the airport and maybe get in a few lessons!

We had another apostle again. Elder Nelson came on Tuesday and it was a fantastic talk although really short. He spoke 20 minutes less than he could have but it was still great. He talked about a lot of different things, but thankfully I like to get to devotionals early and so I was 10 rows away and had a great view. He will have been the 3rd apostle to come here while I was here. Most only get one or two. However, for Elder Barnett that is four for him. I missed Elder Perry by one day. I told him that I was leaving Monday. His reaction was pretty funny as he still has two weeks left. Poor guy or rather Elder.

I can't wait to get to Argentina. You know I loved the MTC, but everything about here is meant to get you ready and excited for out there. I had an interview with Hermano Crane (my teacher who severed in Buenos Aires) and I asked him what are some things he wished he would have done better on his mission and his responses really inspired me. I'm really looking forward to doing the things he's suggested and everything else I've learned here and applying it out there.

Thank you for all of you letters. Keep writing me through dearelder.com, it's easy and free. Thank you all again for your love, support, Christlike examples, and everything you've taught me.

Love Elder Sands

Update from Elder Sands at 8:54 am

Travel Details:

I leave Salt Lake, Monday, May 18 at 12:05 PM on American Airlines flight 1862 and arrive in Dallas/Ft. Worth at 3:45 PM. I leave Dallas/Ft. Worth at 7:35 PM on American Airlines flight 997 and arrive in Buenos Aires at 7:50 AM the next day. Well I have like 10 seconds left.

Love ya

Elder Sands