Wednesday, March 17, 2010

As so many have reminded me, I have arrived at my hump day, well tomorrow really, but some have asked me to put together some thoughts of sorts about this year down here in Argentina.

Well as all missionaries will say, I've loved it, although some of it wasn't exactly the easiest, still I have enjoyed it all. A mission is something very unique. We have all types of experiences; it's really like a roller coaster. We involve ourselves so much in what we do, and in who we talk with, that we really forget about ourselves. When that happens, we see the miracles in the work. I've seen many miracles in the course of my mission and I know the best is still in store. I don't know exactly how, but I know I'm a better person than I was when I left. I can tell I'm doing more, I feel the spirit more and I wish I could show you all everything that's been happening.

There are so many people here that need the gospel and when someone who was looking for it finally finds it, or someone who didn't know they were looking for it finds it, it's the best. You see the hope in their eyes and the spirit touches their hearts.

So now for the other half of my mission. I sincere hope is to use everything I've learned and apply it all to what I'm doing. I hope to help every person I can and every person that will let me.

Thank you all so much for your support and your love. I know Heavenly Father loves us and he wants the very very best for us. For that reason he sent his son to suffer for us so that we might one day live with him again. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he loves us more than we can even imagine. The book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that for myself because of the things the spirit tells me when I read it. It really does contain the fullness of the gospel and when we abide by its precepts we really do come closer to God. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God sent by him to restore his church upon the earth and to translate the Book of Mormon. We now have a prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who leads and guides this church under the direct direction of the Savior. I know all of this without a doubt and that's why I'm out here; helping the people of Argentina come to that same knowledge.

Thank you all again for your love and support!

Elder Sands