Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Well this week was pretty awesome. First I had zone conference and it was kind of weird. All of the workshops that the missionaries gave were so-so. However, President Detlefsen talked for a long time and it was amazing! I can't believe (actually I can) how every time, he knows exactly what I need to hear. I'm really going to try changing stuff that I do for personal study; so I can learn more and help my investigators more as well. So zone conference was amazing.

Also we had interviews and the President had us prepare a sheet that had challenges that we have had, blessings that we have had, goals we have and other similar things. We got to talk a little bit about that and it helped me out a lot with some of the things that I was struggling with.

Sunday morning an investigator that we have came to us and said he wanted to get baptized. He went to church on Sunday and he's going to be getting baptized the 29th of May! He's really excited and he understands everything! He also already has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the church and the prophet Joseph Smith! So he's awesome.

Also on Sunday, it being Mother's Day, I got to talk with the family! It was kind of weird; I'm not going to lie to talk to them again. They also told me that Acea is now taller than Sebring, how weird!

Well today we went and saw sea lions. They are the nastiest creatures I've ever smelt! They were so bad I was gagging! Not the most pleasant but we took a whole bunch of pictures of the sea in Mar del Plata as a district and wow is was fun. We then we went and had an asado which is like a barbeque but argie style; really good.

Well anyway I wanted to share a thought from the zone conference. The President referred to something that he noticed in 1 Nefi Chapter 2. They talk about how they left their home. They left everything to go to the desert which has nothing! They were obedient and when they found water what do they do, they give thanks because they now had water. They probably didn't give thanks when they were in their home because it was something mundane that they had all of the time but now they realized what the Lord gave them so they gave thanks. How many times do we forget to give thanks for the mundane things in life? Probably too often so I'm trying to focus a little bit more on the things that I take for granted and give thanks to the Lord!

Well thanks and have a great week everyone.

Elder Sands