Wednesday, July 13, 2010

This week and next week are have and are going to be really different. These past two days I've had a companion from Mar del Plata that is a member because my companion Elder Vázquez from Paraguay is getting here late tomorrow. Then next week I go to Bahía Blanca for a three day training meeting that about half the mission is going to. So now with the change in companions we've done a ton the last two days. It's amazing what you can do when you're with someone who really wants to work! We taught a guy Luis and his son Eziquiel and they ate it all up also there is a reference we got for a guy that is from Nashville.

We're working a lot and well it's great today as we went to Puerto or the big port here in Mar del Plata and I got soaked. There have been a lot of storms the past few days and the waves were really big and man it was crazy on the other side of the giant sea wall that they have here! It was way cool. I also went to the sea lions again. Way fun.

Recently, I was trying to explain to a new convert that we can learn from anyone if we have the spirit. There was a talk that I heard by President Eyring from when he was a seventy called "Listen Together"; great talk. Really, we can learn something from anyone, even those that aren't doing what they preach. If it's something good that is coming out of their mouths, we should listen and apply it to us. And it doesn't matter how young or old they are either. I'm going to try and get a copy in Spanish for him.

Well I have to go but thank you all for everything and have a great week!

Elder Sands