Monday, December 6, 2010

This week was slow. The only people that seemed to be there were members that are less active.

I’m devastated to think how the gospel could change some peoples, so many people’s lives, if only they would listen for a half-hour!

But something interesting that did happen, my last comp Elder Vazquez contacted me to tell me that he is going to a different area a little bit early so he gave a report. Some of the investigators that he and I were teaching when I left, many have been baptized! The mother and daughter of Andre; Nilda and Coti, the lady from the Dominican Republic; Gorgina, the granddaughter of one of the members; Sofia (and her dad too!), the daughter of a less active family that we were working with; Natalia (I had only met her like once), and a random contact that I remember meeting one night in the busy part of downtown; Norma (and her daughter!), all baptized! So he didn’t really want to go but then again I didn’t want to either. It’s wonderful to know all of these people and the happiness that they now have and to think that so many more could feel that same way, have those and more blessings... if only they would listen. How many of us are listening to Him when he calls. I pray that we might always hear Him when he’s trying to help us, comfort us and guide us.

Have a great week and I love you all. Chau!

Elder Sands