Friday, April 15, 2011

This has been a great week but also a little crazy. On Saturday my companion Elder Peterson went home to get surgery on his knee, and on Tuesday 5 Elders in our district went to the Brazil MTC leaving just four Elders this week, Elder Dimond my new companion, Elder Buchanan, Elder Clay and myself Elder Sands. Also on Tuesday night we had the great blessing of hearing from Elder Rasband. He talked about the great gift of the Holy Ghost and how to always have it with you. I learned that when we listen, and then do what the spirit directs then we will be lead to who the Lord has prepared, and that he can count on me to fulfill this great responsibility.

Then on Thursday we got our visas. 3 of us anyways, poor Elder Dimond is still waiting for his visa and is the only one left in our district. We are praying he will get his soon. I will be leaving to Sao Paulo on Tuesday the 19. I will try and call you at 7-7:30 Texas time.

Today, Friday I had the wonderful blessing to go to the Provo Temple, what a wonderful experience, and it is much bigger than the Spokane temple, I almost got lost in it if it weren’t for my companion steering me in the right direction. We even saw our teacher Irmao Canan on his day off in the temple, that was really exciting.

The Provo MTC has taught me many things, patience, charity for everyone, kindness, studying by the spirit, and trusting the Lord to help me out.

Also during our last TRC, when we taught, the lesson was everywhere by we knew we were being directed by the spirit, and that let us know we are doing the right thing.

This is the true gospel of Jesus Cristo and was restored on the earth again by Joseph Smith the prophet, the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I invite all who read this to read it and pray to know if it is true, if you do not have a copy two missionaries will be happy to take one to you. Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet on the earth today. And Jesus Christ is my savior and the savior of all mankind and we need to follow his example and have faith in him, repent of our sins, be baptized with one who has the authority, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and heed it's promptings, and endure to the end.

I will next write from the Brazil MTC!

Love,

Elder Sands