Monday, September 14, 2015

NOTE: 1 NEW PICTURE! CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM.

This last week I had my first baptism! Yay! Shawna and LJ were both baptized on Saturday and confirmed the follow Sunday as full-fledged members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was the one who confirmed LJ. I also played a special musical number in our ward that day.

Story: I played a song for a dinner message at one of the member's homes (big mistake)-they were instantly were on the phone with the ward music director and the next day they had me to play a special musical number during sacrament meeting. Thankfully, I keep a few songs under my fingers for situations such as this. It's kind of nice to be going back to that way of doing things. In the Deaf Branch, there are no intermediate hymns or special musical numbers, so it was a nice change of pace.

We've been having about 9 people on average coming to church every week since I’ve been here. We're one of the busiest areas in the mission. This last week with all of the duties of a district leader, we literally didn't have time for lunch some days. We just had too many appointments. It's amazing how much the Lord blesses you when you try. It reminds me of this quote: "God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, he will increase our capability!"

Remember that quote, not only is it true in the gospel, but also in many aspects of our everyday life. It's truly amazing how gospel principles/ideas carry over into just about everything, making it better.

Have a great week!

Elder Sands