Monday, June 1, 2009

A lot has happened! We're working with one lady in Rauch right now and I think she'll get baptized before the end of this transfer. She is great and loves to hear the gospel. She actually was not progressing. Before my companion and his previous companion had been teaching her for about a month and she wouldn't read. So we were going to go back one last time and that was it no more after. So this is more or less the story she told. She was running out of money because she had lost her job and one day she just couldn't sleep. So she says ok I'll read. She reads from 3 - 5 in the morning, she gets a job and things start to work out for her which is fantastic. She now is progressing. She came to church and is doing great, although she didn't come this week because she was sick. We went over there and she was really sick!

The weather down here is not too bad. It dropped down really suddenly which is annoying but it's not bad at all. My hands are always cold but that's about it.

Today for p-day we went to this giant rock that is balanced on the edge of a cliff. It was pretty cool and I got pictures which I'll send next week. I forgot my cord.

We had divisions this week which was amazing. The missionaries I went with were really hard working. They don't use any excuses. Let me tell you about an experience. We were lost for a minute and so we decided to knock on a door because the elder I was with said that he does that whenever he needs to find someone. So the first door we knock on (or I should say clap, yeah we clap here) a lady comes out and she gets really excited. She lets us in and says that she is a less active and that has been praying for someone to find here because she has wanted to come back to church. Also that evening I was with another elder from Arizona but we were not terribly successful, but we worked really hard.

So now I'm trying to get my trainer to do the same, he's a bit lazy when it comes to rules and working. Anyways I'm fine and working.

Thank you for your love and support!

Love Elder Sands