Monday, June 8, 2009

SOME NEW PICTURES HAVE BEEN POSTED TODAY. MORE SHOULD BE COMING, HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK AS WE FIGURE A WAY FOR ELDER SANDS TO DUMP ALL THE PICTURES FROM HIS CAMERA.

CLICK ON THE MISSION PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO SEE THE ALBUM.

Well the file transfer method I was going use to send all my pictures didn’t work so here are a few pictures in the mean time of me in Tandil as I don’t have any of Rauch yet, plus a few other pictures.

That’s great of the seniors graduating from seminary and especially Sister Ax doing it with 100% attendance and congrats to you too Bro on getting another 100% year but especially the memorizing of the Scriptures of the New Testament. Knowing the scriptures now will help you later.

I’m still trying to deal with my companion. Even though it is tough to be with him, I’m being a good example whenever I can and trying to give him hints to be obedient whenever possible.

Today I went to the second biggest statue of Christ in the world, so I sent one of the pictures of that. It's really big!

This week went well, but yesterday was kind of a letdown. We had a whole bunch of people that were supposed to be going to church but didn't because of excuses. It´s really kind of sad. They know that these things are true, they've have had the witness from the Holy Ghost, but still they don't want to change their lives. They're afraid of the change even though they know that their lives will be better. We also have another boy of about 14 that comes every week and does everything, but can't get baptized because his mother won't let him. The only reason she won't let him is because his grandmother won't let his mom let him because she is catholic. A lot of people down here say “soy catolica” (I am Catholic) but they never have done anything with church except being baptized as an infant. Due to this blind commitment to something they don't really believe in, they are just depriving themselves of the blessing of the knowledge that God is the their father and that he loves them each individually.

I know that God loves me and all of us. And because of that love he sent his son Jesus Christ and he has the church and everything that comes with it to help us in our lives here on earth.

Love Elder Sands