Monday, June 29, 2009

2 NEW PICTURES HAVE BEEN POSTED TODAY.
CLICK ON THE MISSION PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO SEE THE ALBUM.

Dad, Happy Fathers Day, Happy Birthday and Happy 4th of July!

The trek sounded like it was a ton of fun and that was similar with me I had a blast!

Can you send Jeff a happy birthday it was June 6th but as soon as I got here I forgot.

How were Sebring’s and Acea’s grades?

This week was well, slow, as my companion didn't really want to work. We however got transfer calls and had transfers so I’m staying in Rauch and Elder Kenny is now my new companion. He is from Ogden and he dies (is going home) in two transfers. I'm really excited for this transfer. Rauch is starting to shape up in terms of stuff happening in the work and now that I have a companion that really wants to work. We are going to, well WORK! Also he cooks and a lot and really good which I’m excited for because everything is a little different down here so I don't know how to make anything. The first transfer, I had a lot of bread and dulce de leche. So I’m really looking forward to learning how to cook all of this argie food.

I have pictures of Rauch so all of you can see. However the computer here is well not very accessible and I can't find out which ones are which so I’ll get them to you as soon as I can.

I do have a story for all of you. When we were in Mar del Plata there are these little cement sidewalks if you will that go out into the water so we wanted to get a picture with the water splashing behind us. So we go out do that and then this way big wave comes as we finished and soaked us to say the least. It was really funny. We also have pictures of it. I’m in the back because Elder Peterson and Hermana (sister) Fierro saw it first and more or less pushed me out of the way so yeah it was interesting to say the least. That picture however is amazing.

As for the work, Rauch is really starting to pick up. We have this fantastic kid in the Rama (branch). His name is Augustine. He is really strong in the church but he can't get baptized because of his mom. So I finally convinced my companion to go there and talk to her. And she isn't really opposed to it, now that we told her what baptism is about and such. She also wants to learn more. Also we have a small family of three that know it´s true but for a while didn't think baptism was for them. But now they all want to get baptized. They're going to be doing that soon, so I'm really excited. It is amazing to see the Lord work on these people and in their lives. They have so much more peace and joy in their lives and they don't yet have a fraction of the blessings the gospel brings.

Thank you again for your love and support and if you want to write me you can use DEARELDER.COM. It actually only takes about 15 days to get here.

Love you all!

Elder Sands