Monday, July 20, 2009

7 NEW PICTURES HAVE BEEN POSTED.
CLICK ON THE MISSION PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO SEE THE ALBUM.

Feliz dia del amigo (happy day of the friend)! This week was well a little hectic. We were helping the Hermanas (sisters) in our district on Tuesday and found some great people here in Tandil (I'm in Tandil for p-days). After that we went back to Rauch of course and well worked not a whole lot more.

The pig flu has ground everything almost to a hault but it is finally starting to subside from what I've heard; everywhere but Tandil. As of Thursday there were 170 deaths from the flu in the province of Buenos Aires and 70 of them were in Tandil and Tandil isn't that big, especially compared with the rest of the province. So once again no more church.

So one thing from Argentina is alfajors (pronounced alfahores) they are these little cookie type things with chocolate dipped and two or three of the little cookie type sandwich structure with stuff like "dulse de leche" or something else in between. They are really common I'm sending a couple of pictures of my favorite (as of now I haven't tried very many). They're amazing I don't know why they aren't in the states.

Sorry about the lack of pictures but I'm still trying to get rid of pictures from off my camera that were from the MTC but I think now I'm starting to get to those from Argentina. I'll get to those from Rauch eventually, but Rauch it's very, well empty. There is a lot of campo (fields) in the area so we do a ton of walking as we don't get any bikes and it is that way in the whole mission.

So the weather this week has been fairly rainy and windy which is never a fun combination.

Anyway I'm running out of time thanks so much for everything!

Elder Sands