Monday, September 14, 2009

This transfer has been a long one. I don’t know if I’m leaving or if my comp is going to leave or if we’re both going to stay. I just don’t know but Bolivar has been great.

The thing I’ve probably learned the most of this transfer is that obedience is really a simple thing. Many missionaries say, “It’s such a little thing, it won’t hurt”. That’s the thing; every time we’re not obedient we are hurting ourselves. It works in the other way to, “it’s such a little thing to be obedient and I’ll receive blessings for doing it.”

My mission in reality is really coming out of its dark ages and a lot of missionaries are lazy when it comes to being obedient and to working. They receive baptisms and they think hay I’m having success so I must be doing it right. They don’t want to be better and they don’t want to improve, they’re content with average.

I received a letter from another missionary in the states a couple of weeks ago. In the letter there are some things that were said that are really impressed me. “I want to be a progressing missionary; I don’t want to be dropped. It’s amazing the experience we have on our missions, how much we grow and realize things about ourselves and others. Self-mastery and sacrifice are so important. I choose to follow Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I am giving my all to this work.” I love that and I am also choosing to follow our savior and although my companion and others aren’t trying to progress, I’m trying to do my best to give my all to the Lord. He will always repay us with more than we will ever know or be able to give Him in this life. I’m seeing that every day. Obedience, exact obedience, is my goal as it should be for all of us. The Lord will bless us as we follow his will.

Thanks everyone for everything and have a great week.

Elder Sands