Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Well transfers came and Elder Bennett and I were on the edge of are seats. The call came and Elder Bennett is to remain in Matão and train a new missionary and I am transferred. We were both surprised but when the call comes, we do in faith. I had no clue who my companion was to be or which area but I packed my bags and went to Campinas to be transferred. Transfers happen yesterday and my new companion is Elder Facer and he has been in the field for 1 year and 8 months, and has just two transfers left. My new area is on Sousas Campinas which is really neat because we are in the same area as the temple and is just 15 min away on foot. Elder Facer is a great companion and reminds me little bit of Jeffery Winkfield. Sousas is a little different area and has its own difficulty and challenges. In Matão we were averaging about 40 lessons a week 15-20 with a member, 10 investigators at church per week, etc. Here the atmosphere is different the people are not as willing to hear the gospel, only a few go to church right now, but we lift were we stand. I know that there are people out there that are ready to hear the gospel; we just have to have the faith to find them.

In just 6 week I have learned alot about using every resource that you can use, and members are essential. gaining confidence and helping them have the vision that this are can and will be growing and many people entering the waters of baptism and remain active. There is the feeling of hopelessness in the air but there is always hope to find, teach , baptize and grow. the problem is some times 6 weeks is not very much time to get the job done, but we work are very hardest. As a missionary we can direct affect our success first with contacts, 210 a week, and with this we will find people to teach, finding people that will go to church and be baptized and we show the lord we are willing to do all that we can do.

So far my Portuguese is getting a lot better, when you only speak Portuguese you learn very fast, But at times people don´t understand me, but you can never give up and continue making mistakes and learning from them. I can teach all lesson with commandments,simply, and that is the goal to teach people simply so they understand and do. But teaching is different in the mission, we give the first lesson in 20-30 mins, second visit follow up, we then by then know there needs so far and ether focus on commandments or the other lesson. the real success come from them reading and praying to receive an answer and live all commandments and going to church.

my stuff is holding up and working great, and I feel that I brought all the thing I needed to bring here. I have not given any talks in church yet, I know that will change soon.

The only thing I ask is to send a real copy of Levi's and Julie's wedding announcement in the mail, it only takes 3 stamps, por favor.

I will send the picture next week.

tchau, tchau