Monday, May 18, 2015

NOTE: 2 NEW PICTURES! CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM.

Again, an excerpt from my letter to my mission president, but for all of you, I’ll always add in a little extra, just because we're all best buds. I also want to welcome to my weekly emails, several of my fellow sisters and brothers (and president). If you don't want to put up with my emails, just let me know and I'll start sending you two every week! Just kidding (I’m not allowed to do that anyway). I hope you all enjoy.

This last week was a good one. Our recent trip to flagstaff was very successful, even more so than our last one that we took up there. Our first Friday we went to a family called the Gibsons. They are a really good family, the father and mother are deaf with an adopted hearing daughter. The mother doesn't know sign language so it can get a little hard to communicate with her, but she is making extraordinary strides as we teach her more and more about the gospel. She is absorbing the gospel like a sponge, it's remarkable.

Later that day, we met with the ward mission leader and his wife Brother and Sister Bushman. They are both wonderful and are extremely diligent and excited about the work for the deaf.

Saturday we met with the Flagstaff Stake President and he was so supportive of many of the things we proposed to him and even offered some of his own suggestions. He with the two Prescott Stake Presidents were all so extremely positive and supportive and they have made it their immediate goal to spread the word about the deaf work to as many people in their stakes as possible. I can't wait to see what happens.

Sunday we met with the Prescott Valley Stake President and the Gibsons. We then attended church in the Dewey ward where Elder Walker and I interpreted for 2 1/2 hours each. That was...fun...and good practice.

I also was able to talk with my parents this last week because it was Mother’s Day! I hope you all enjoyed the time with your mothers/wives.

I know this church is true and that we all can return to live with God again. One of the things that's been sticking out to me lately is that our Father in Heaven loves each and every one of us. That will always be true, but it does nothing for us unless we recognize that love and except it. I know that as you do, your lives will become more whole and you will find life is much more joyful than you have previously realized possible, for you will be looking more through his eyes at everything.

Have a great week!

Elder Sands