Monday, June 29, 2015

NOTE: 2 NEW PICTURES! CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO THE RIGHT TO VIEW THE PICTURE ALBUM.

This last week has been interesting.

This last week I saw my first dust storm, called "haboob", wow! I have never experienced anything like this before. Dust absolutely everywhere and thick enough to turn day into night.

Our appointments have been canceling like crazy and we've had very few investigator lessons, but we had a good amount of less active lessons. One such less active we are focusing on is Barry. He served a mission a long time ago, and eventually became less active, but we've had just a couple lessons with him and guess what, he came to church! I must say, I did not expect that to happen, but then again, I did; it was a welcome surprise. I wish I could had talked with him more at church, but he left after Sunday School and I was busy interpreting the whole time. He said he would come again next week too and we have an appointment with him this week too. It's pretty exciting.

We also just got an investigator from the Mesa Branch complete with a fellowshipper too! He's super excited to learn and his fellowshipper (his girlfriend) is pretty awesome and very strong in the gospel. I can't wait to see him progress.

It just goes to show that flirting to convert works in some cases (NOT TRUE), and not everything may work out in one area, despite our efforts, but if we're faithful, it will be made up in others.

Have a great week!

Elder Sands