Monday, August 31, 2009

Not a whole ton is happened this week but the members here are really amazing. They do so much and help us so much. The Lord wants me to learn a lot more patience and humility right now with my new companion.

I'm trying to read when I'm on the bus going from Bolivar to Olivarría and back and I'm reading in the fast way without really, really studying but just reading and pondering.

Today I was in the Doctrine and Covenants section 18 and in verse 38 it says, "...and by their desires and their works you shall know them." This week in priesthood we have a returned missionary from Mendosa and he was an assistant and he was talking about obedience and when I was reading today I came across this scripture and it really hit me especially. In my first transfer out here I knew I had good desires, but some of my actions weren't reflecting some of those desires and so I have learned a lot since then and I still have an eternity to learn, but we always have to check to see if our desires are aligned with God's desires and also if our works and actions are aligned with our desires.

Sorry this is so short but I am trying to fix my camera so hopefully the pictures will start coming again.

Thank you all for you love and support. Have a great week.

Elder Sands