Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Thanks a lot for making the order for the shoes, I figured I will take a little bit of time to get them but that will be worth the wait. My other shoes are getting worn but they are fine and I think they will last until the end of my mission.

For Mother's day I will be using Skype because it is a lot easier and cheaper and to tell you the truth I don't know how to call, and Skype is a lot better. I think that I will have to do it the day before that Sunday to use the Lan house but I will tell you the time and day the week of Mother's day.

To tell you all a little bit more about my new area of Avaré, this is a city a little bit bigger than Perdoes and is a Branch too. The members are really good. They are willing to work, they are excited and they share their love with the people visiting, the only problem that I know about is the fact that a lot of people have become inactive because of past problems which is hard for people to forgive. Elder Peitz and I are teaching some of the best people I have seen of my mission so far. We are teaching a man, named Roberto, that is like that kind of investigator we find in the Ensign who has a strong testimony and is willing to sacrifice anything to live the Gospel. Another, named Carlos, is a English teacher that knows the Book of Mormon is true and likes the Book of Mormon so much that he painted one verse in 3 Nephi on is wall. We are also helping a lady who is overcoming her addiction to smoking so that she can be baptized.

For the first time in my mission I am really starting to see the vast blessings arrive, and the diligence and hard work has really paid off.

I will talk to you all later.

Love Elder Sands