Thursday, April 23, 2009

So not a whole lot has happened since I last wrote you and I didn't get anything from anyone since then, so just a little bit to tell you.

Did you put up the blog? That I think that is a great idea. However I may cut them shorter once I get out into the field. I don't know how much time I'll have and they'll only be once a week. I'm just lucky here in the MTC that I get to do it twice a week. My P-day is on Tuesday and due to our service and devotional we get to write on Thursdays too. I'm pretty sure my zone is the only one in the MTC that get's to email twice a week. So don't get used to it. Also, if you don't send me any questions I won't really have much to write you about so please ask questions at least while I'm in the MTC.

I don't think I have too many questions for you. How is Spokane? I have to say I miss it although in Utah we have got huge mountains right in your face. It's like Mt. Spokane in your back yard, pretty cool. Once I'm finally able to get you video's (I can't get them to you here) you'll see a lot of them. I have a really funny one talking about how many there are.

I'm sure you all want to hear a little bit about how Spanish is going. Well it's going, although not too quickly. I am most definitely the least knowledgeable when it comes to Spanish. However, due to all of the splits (Team Teaching) I went out on, I have a bit of an edge on teaching and love doing it. So I use some of that time on getting better at Spanish. We just learned subjunctives, which pretty much makes me have to change the way I say everything now. We had a streak for the past few weeks where we played a game that forced us to speak only Spanish. If we drew the "yes" card, and of course I drew it the most getting it 8 days, it meant I really didn't say much because of my limited vocabulary and lack of how to use what vocabulary I do know. I have really improved though I'm usually able to get my point across in a very roundabout way. It does take a while and I still do a little bit of "spanglish", but the Lord has certainly helped me a ton as I have been learning this language. It has really helped me to realize that it is His work. I have done a some Spanish before but due to circumstances, I didn't really do very well. This time around however, even though I don't really have much to draw on from before, I can tell that I have divine help.

We can all receive that help when we need it. We just have to ask and live worthy of it!

Love Elder Sands