Thursday, April 9, 2009

So this week has been interesting just like always. Where to start?

Oh well due to lack of diligence in our district our teachers instituted a game where in we have three out of eight of us that are not allowed to speak English all day and actually this is my second day of it and let me tell you it isn't fun. Due to the fact that I don't know very much Spanish I'm pretty much mute the entire day although I am getting better. It's frustrating not being able to express yourself at all because one does not have the vocabulary or the ability to say much. I know it's helping my Spanish though.

So how are things back home? It finally stopped snowing here so now it's raining. There was one good day and that was about it. I think it was Sunday. I can't really remember. All the days are all the same to me now.

I'll make the CD today and send it to Karyl. Sorry it took so long but I really never have much time to do anything around here. There is always too much to do especially since I'm trying to catch up to everyone else in Spanish and because my companion keeps wasting our study time. I know I'm going to grow a ton from all of this. But I guess change is never easy.

You know your letters are pretty sad thus far. I don't hear anything about anyone! I'm not in the twilight zone. You can tell me a few things a home you know; heaven knows I need a smile every so often. Acea needs to tell me about the spring trip and what classes is Sebring taking this quarter.

So I had an interview with Hermano Crane yesterday and pretty much his theme is don't be so hard on yourself Elder Sands. I'm always trying to rush my companion because he doesn't really move very fast. So it's driving me crazy. He never takes anything seriously. He sleeps in devotionals, never studies during personal study, is always trying to cut corners with rules, he even spent a half hour last night playing basketball in our room because he got one of those little basketball door things. So that's what I'm dealing with. Granted I do need to lighten up, but he is never serious always cracking jokes and stuff. Karyl you got your wish I guess hahaha.

Vaughn J. Featherstone came and spoke. He told a lot of stories. He's good at it. What I got from it was mostly about being bold. His stories were about acting on promptings from the spirit and how we shouldn't be afraid to act on them at all. Actually the next day we taught in the TEC (by the way we teach at least 5 times a week in there) and that was one of the compliments we received in teaching, is that we were very bold. So it's having an effect on me. The spirit was really strong there too. The teacher commented on that as well, which is good, because "if ye receive not the spirit ye shall not teach" D&C 42:14. So in teaching (at least in English) we are on fire.

One more thing I didn't tell you. Right before he left I ran into Elder Tanner and I see Elder Barnett quite often which is interesting. We really didn't know each other before.

Love Elder Sands

Please write back something a little bit longer and more detailed next time.